Light Green Zone
If the needle of the Gas Safe dial is in this area adequate gas supple is indicated.
Dark Green Zone
If the needle of Gas Safe dial is in this area, low LPG level is indicated, further to which refilling of cylinder would be required soon.
Feature of Gas Safe
Gas Safe will automatically shut-off the gas supply from the cylinder if there are major leakages of gas caused due to:
• The rupturing of tube or pulling off the stove or regulator.
• The regulator failing to function properly.
• The tube catching fire.
NOTE: PRODUCT LIABILITY INSURANCE COVERED FOR RS. 300 LACS.
Gas Safe will not shut off if:
• A minor leakage occurs (in this case, it refers to instruction covered under the heading-'How to test for minor leaks').
• The controls of an appliances (gas stove) in unlit conditions are left in ON positions.
• There is insufficient flow through the spot where the leakage is occurring.
• Sully line is too small.
• The gas system is mounted or placed near a corrosive area or an area which is subjected to vibration.
In most of the cases where hose rapture occurs and if there is insufficient flow due to blockage/restriction, or the supply line diameter (internal diameter), is too small Gas Safe may not be activated.
"Or any other cause"
Automatic shut off may occur if gas consumption is excessive at low cylinder pressure. However, if shut off continually occurs it is advisable to have the system safely checked immediateky by an authorized gas fitter. Do not use the system until the problem has been rectified. In such a situation, it is also possible that cylinder may need refilling.
Shut-off is indicated by the Gas Safe when the dial needle suddenly returns to zero. If shut off occurs, the gas stove controls may be turned OFF position and procedure for 'How to test for minor leaks' should be repeated. If continuous shut-off occurs, the LPG system would need to be rectified by an Authorized Gas fitter.
At extreme low temperature and severe winter conditions gas safe will shut off gas supply and may not function properly.
- Carry out the minor leak testing each time the LPG is used, particularly when cylinder has been changed/refilled or when connections have been tampered with.
- If Gas Safe continually shuts off the gas supply refer to the section 'Features of Gas Safe' as mentioned before.
- Never use Gas Safe without the regulator supplied with your gas connection. Also do not mishandle, tamper with the Gas Safe (including gauge) as this will void warranty and may result in malfunctioning thereby leading to accidents.
- Never use Gas Safe without the regulator as this may bypass the shut off valve mechanism, thereby causing accidents.
- Never depress the Gas Sage Gauge dial so much, that it allows the gas to flow out thereby bypassing the shut off valve mechanism. This could cause an accident. Only depress the gauge a few time (as mentioned under 'installation'). When the regulator is connected to the Gas Safe device on one end and to the pipe connected to the gas stove at the other end.